Re: Announcing Orca

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Rich Caloggero wrote:

> What do people think of Python from a blind programmer's perspective? In
> Python code, indntation is significant, so if your screen reader doesn't
> report indentation correctly, then you cannot read or write it correctly. At
> least, this has been my experience.  I'll take the extra block begin/end
> tokens any day.

It isn't a problem if you are using a braille display or the Emacs Python
mode with Emacspeak. I personally prefer begin/end tokens because I don't
think the language should impose a style on the author, but this isn't a
strong preference, and this mailing list is not the place to discuss it
(any flames will be directed summarily to /dev/null).