From: "Krister ekstrom" <crisekstrom bredband net>
To: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 03:23
Subject: Re: Mozilla - like JAWS or like Hal?

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 03:01:38PM -0700, Peter Korn wrote:

>      a. What is good, and what can be improved, in Gnopernicus access to
>         Nautilus and the actual desktop window itself?

As far as i've seen (and i've seen very little of this) it's pretty
good, but things can always get better.

>      d. What do you think about the Gnopernicus features?  The Gnopernicus
>         NumPad commands and layer concept?  Braille interface?

I think it's clumcy, just as the Virgo concept was. I'd rather have it
the jfw/hal way where you can get somewhat of a picture of what windows
look like and so on. The layering system i think is not so effective.
Too much keypresses to do simple tasks like clicking somewhere to
select something and/or interact with a control.
>      e. What TTS engine(s) do you use with Gnoperncus?
I use Festival. Am looking for a swedish speaking software synth for
Linux, that would be cool.

>      f. What are the most important things you want to use with
Gnopernicus
>         but cannot use yet?

Mozilla and the like, sound editors and digital audio work stations,
Midi and audio sequenzers and an email program preferably with pgp/gpg
support, don't know if there maybe is a usable program out there, it
may be, for all i know.>
--
/Krister