Re: more on gnopernicus-0.7.1

Hi, Shaun.
You mentioned you can not do much with Gnopernicus 0.7.1. There are quite a few
things you can use gnopernicus for, and there are many things you can not do
with gnopernicus yet.

1. If you get and setup the java access bridge, and openoffice 1.1.1 from
openoffice.org
you will be able to get some use out of openoffice.
2. You can edit and read text documents in gedit.
3. File roller is becoming accessible and you should be able to unpack, and pack
archives in File Roller.
4. You can play music cds in gnome-cd, edit volume settings in
gnome-volume-control, and play media files and dvd movies in totem movie player.
5. You can use gnome system tools to start and stop services, you can format
floppies, add users, etc.
6. Nautilus file manager  is for the most part accessible, and you can do many
file tasks through nautilus such as: moving files, browsing directories,
creating directories, etc.

However, there are things that are not ready to go such as:

1. Mozilla web browsing.
2. Evolution for email and appointment scheduling.
3. Gnome-card for contact info.
4. gnucash.