Determining widgets used in a program.

Hi all
I am trying to work out a widget in a GNOME program to try and get Orca to make it talk. The actual program I am thinking of is gnome-terminal, and I am trying to work out what type of widget the terminal buffer itself is.

So before diving into the source code to try and track it down, is there a better, and more sane way to find out what it is? BTW gnome-terminal does use glade, but only for the dialogs it seems.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Luke