Re: trying orca?

Hi Guys,

Orca currently has no GUI-- anyone want to write one? ;)

The voices are stored in settings.py in your .orca directory-- the list of
voices is a bit hard to edit.  Here are my voice defintions:

voices = {'default': ['Fonix DECtalk', 'Paul', 250.0, 122.0, -1.0], 'uppercase': ['Fonix DECtalk', 'Paul', 250.0, 183.0, -1.0]}

So we have voice name, engine name, engine voice name, rate, pitch,
volume.  DECtalk doesn't support volume, so it's set to -1.0 in this
example.

We need some sort of GUI to change these things, but I haven't written
one.  Currently the settings.py file only controls the list of voices,
key echo, and whether Braile mode with BRLTTY is turned on or off.
Eventually, it could hold all Orca's settings, and because it's just a
Python script, it could be easily shared.

Marc