Re: Orca not working with Mozilla

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:01:08PM EST, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Luke said, regarding using Mozilla with accessibility:
> > Finally, you need to make sure
> > that the GTK_MODULES environment variable is set to gail:atk-bridge
>
> To the best of my knowledge, this step (the last of several which Luke
> gave) is not necessary for using Mozilla with accessibility - setting
> the gconf accessibility key should suffice.

I have just tested this Bill, and I am affraid, that at least with GNOME 2.6.2
on Slackware 10, Mozilla *WILL NOT* speak unless GTK_MODULES is set.

IIRC, I remember reading some documentation about GTK accessibility, and this
environment variable being mentioned as a requirement for all stand-alone GTK
applications to be made accessible.

Here is the URL to the documentation I am referring to.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad

It can be found in the section "How Accessibility works in GNOME"

Luke