Re: gnome-accessibility-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3

Hi Marisa:

Do the standalone festival binaries work for you?  i.e. if you run
"festival" from the command line, can you issue commands to it directly?

Also, you need the rest of the GNOME 2 stack in order to use this stuff,
so there are a number of possibilities for where things are going
wrong.  If you can get festival talking by itself, then I'd suggest
trying the "test-speech" utility which is packaged with gnome-speech, to
see what drivers are present and working properly.

HTH

- Bill