follow up to trouble compiling Gnopernicus 0.7.3

follow up to having trouble compiling gnopernicus 0.7.3	Hi there once
again,

Here is the error message that I get.  I have added the extra lines
suggested.  I am using Debian and this is a first time compiling
Gnopernicus if possible since I am rather new to Linux as well if I could
please get more detailed steps this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks much.

Package gconf-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gconf-2.0.pc'
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (                  gconf-2.0 >=
1.1.5
 glib-2.0 >= 1.3.12               libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.6) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are
in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.