gnome-mag newbie question

Hi folks,
 I love the gnome-mag package.
 However, I want to avoid installing the entire gnopernicus app because
there is alot of stuff I don't need and it lacks compatibility with a lot
of the lib versions I am currently running.
 I would like to know if there are other front-end clients to gnome-mag?

 (If not I would like to hack up my own and I would like to know if the
following is possible using gnome-mag)

 Mozilla's ctrl+ and ctrl- is very nice (except when people's pages are
fluid and I end up right scrolling for ages to the end of a line, then
all the way back.), but this doesn't help applets.
 So I am investigating if gnome-mag can help me make an applet larger.

 Basically if my browser appears as follows, where "B" is a portion of the
screen occupied by the toolbars/menubars/navigationbar/buttons, "h" is
the portion of the screen occupied by HTML being rendered and "A" is the
portion of the screen occupied by the applet embedded in the HTML:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 I would like to write something which would render (ideally on top of
this, similar to how "magnifier -h" or "magnifier -v" renders "on top of"
the current desktop.) something like the following (where this time "A" is
the "magnified" applet:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABB
BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABB
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 If anyone could tell me if this is at least possible, (without having to
hack mozilla code, even though I would guess that would be a more "proper"
way to do it, or rather offer it as a "plugin"--but I don't have the time
for any of this...)
 Note, from initial investigation of magnifier, it seems like part of the
problem might be that my source is overlapped by my destination, and that
the mouse will be active in that area, but I'm not sure how trivial or
significant this is.
 I'm not looking for code (though that would save even more time :) )
 Just to know if I can do this and if you're feeling generous, a pointer
to the specific APIs I should look at.

 Thanks for any help.

--
Jay

Do not rent from budget, they discriminate against the visually imapaired
and violate agreements they sign with the United States Department of
Justice.

See http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/budget.htm for more info.