Re: java/java access bridge issues with fc3

Dave:

I am glad that you got the java freeze/version issue sorted. However, "make install" of java-access-bridge isn't sufficient. There are additional, manual instructions in file "INSTALL" which is included in the java-access-bridge sources. (You can stop reading at the point where the INSTALL file says 'Further, generic, installation instructions follow:')

I quote from the 'INSTALL' doc (picking up where you probably left off):

"(5) before running a Java program with the Java Access Bridge, you
will need to make sure that your GNOME 2 installation enables
CORBA traffic over IP from the ORBit2 ORB.  Do this by including
the following line in a file, ".orbitrc" in your home directory:

ORBIIOPIPv4=1

You also need to modify your Java runtime environment to include
gnome-java-bridge.jar in $JRE_HOME/lib/ext  and accessibility.properties
in $JRE_HOME/lib.  The best way to do this is to create symbolic links from
${prefix}/share/jar/gnome-java-bridge.jar to the "jre/lib/ext" directory and
from ${prefix}/share/jar to the "jre/lib" directory, where $prefix is the
directory you specified in autogen.sh; the default value is "/usr/local".
A typical $JRE directory, if "which java" returned /usr/j2sdk1.4/bin/java,
might be /usr/j2sdk1.4/jre."

Tom and Esther Ward wrote:

Hi, Dave.
Whatever, the access bridge problem is it is not related to  the amount of
ram you have. Especially, when we are talking 256 or 512 MB of ram.
If memory serves me correctly FC3 only requires 64 MB of ram for the
operating system and X running, and the rest is free space for apps.
Anyway, your issue is not memory related. My only thought is that the bridge
is not getting registered properly wen Notepad is being loaded.