Re: Is there ways to make a atk factory only used for some instances

Bolian:

The best way to ensure that an AtkFactory is used only with certain
instances of a GObject type is to create a new subtype.  In your case,
this means that GnomeCanvasItem should be subclassed, and an appropriate
AtkFactory registered for the new type or types.

GnomeCanvasItem is already an abstract class, so you must already be
using subclasses.  If your GnomeCanvasItems are instances of existing
GnomeCanvas subtypes, for instance GnomeCanvasWidget instances, you may
need to create something like a GnomeCanvasActiveWidget type which is
used for your 'actionable' canvas items.

regards

Bill