Re: speechless gnopernicus

I wonder if it did something weird to your GConf settings.  Did you go in the general preferences and make sure the speech box is checked?  Also, you may want to go into the voices dialog and go to the absolute voice settings dialog and ensure that it thinks you want to use an engine that you actually have installed.

Marc