Re: gnome-accessibility-list digest, Vol 1 #620 - 4 msgs

Murray said, regarding Dasher, in reply to Matthew (I think):

> > Dasher 3.1.9 has just been released, and I'd like to propose
> > it for 2.6.
<snip>
> As I understand it, Dasher is aimed at accessibility needs, and maybe at
> handhelds.
>
> So it would be nice to hear from the accessibility folks about this. Do they
> like it? Are they using it? Does it meet their needs? Is there unwanted
> overlap with existing accessibility tools such as gok? Etc.

Choice is good ;-)

For some people I think Dasher might be a better or faster interface
than GOK; others will be unable to use Dasher.  There is some overlap,
but the two applications aren't redundant.

I haven't run dasher in awhile, but I was impressed with it when I did
run it.  I think it would make a nice addition to our platform's
accessibility suite.  What do other folks think?

best regards,

- Bill