Re: presentations

Regarding signwriting:

I would think that Dasher might be a nice interface for this, as Matthew
suggests.  It isn't very keyboard-like, however.

Also, GOK (gnome onscreen keyboard) might make a nice platform for this,
and I believe it might be relatively easy to integrate signwriting
support into GOK.  GOK can support multiple shift-levels, etc. on its
virtual compose keyboards, and also can now support keys with images (as
opposed to text-only) on their virtual "key caps".

You can get gok from ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/sources/gok and also from
GNOME CVS; also it's included in the GNOME 2.4 and 2.4.1 releases.

GOK includes a 'keyboard editor' for creating new keyboards, though it
doesn't include a UI for adding images yet.  That would be a nice
enhancement, since the image feature is supported by GOK already, just
not by the keyboard editor.

regards,

Bill