Best / Easiest way to build gnome 2.4

I have setup a Redhat 9.0 install, and have not been able to get gnome
2.4 installed on the system.  I have tried to use Garnome to install,
however after an hour or so the installer eventually errors out. I have
also tried to install it piece by piece following the procedures
outlined on the gnome website.  Is Redhat using some non standard builds
that are confusing the installers, or is it just confusing me. If anyone
can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Will Bauer
Cincinnati Association for the Blind
513-487-4231
will bauer cincyblind org