Re: Fedora and Gnopernicus

Saqib,

Did you set the "Enable assistive technologies" checkbox in
gnome-at-properties?  (I realize you probably did - since I believe
gnopernicus would put up an info dialog if you didn't.)

cheers,

David
Saqib Shaikh wrote:
Hi All

Over the weekend I installed Fedora Core 1.  I selected the "Gnome Desktop"
option during installation.  To my surprise, after installation neither
Gnome-Speech nor Gnopernicus were installed, which are supposed to be part
of the standard Gnome desktop now.  Anyway, I installed these and also the
Festival TTS engine from the CDs - I installed the folowing packages in this
order:
Gnome-speech-devel
Gnome-speech
Gnopernicus
Festival-devel
Festival

I tested Festival and it talked fine.  I then tried loading Gnopernicus and
got the main window.  However, no speech.  I tried clicking preferences, in
case I could change the synthesiser - but all the buttons in the preferences
dialogue box were grayed out.

Can anyone help me get Gnopernicus to talk?

Thanks
Saqib