Re: Dasher 3.2.0 released

Hi Matthew,

Dasher 3.2.0 is cool.  I was able to interact with menus in gedit (and also
enter text directly).  A few comments/suggestions:

 1. There seem to be multiple sets of empty boxes I need to navigate
    through to get to the menus in gedit - perhaps some of the code
    in GOK could be helpful here?

 2. Once I opened the Open File dialog, Dasher didn't give me access
    to the UI elements - again perhaps GOK code could be used for
    this?

 3. The control box/alphabet is practically buried within the rest of
    the alphabet.  At least for two dimensional Dasher use, would you
    consider putting that on the top or bottom (vertical vs. horizontal),
    for rapid access?  It also suggests a kind of "escape" to do something
    completely different from entering text to put it in a different
    place in the Dasher display.

 4. The Menus alphabet always showed me first a set of running
    applications to choose between before I could get to the menus
    of the app I was interacting with.  Since most of the time I'm
    going to want to interact with the menus of the application I'm
    also entering text into, please consider having menus be for the
    topmost application's menus, and put at the top level of Control
    an option to switch to a different application (again, rather
    like GOK).

Thanks!

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team