Problem to get gnome-speech working

Hi all,

In order to be able to run DECtalk with gnome-speech I desinstalled the
gnome-speech and gnopernicus packages which come with Debian and try to
install these two packages using the .tar.gz available at ftp.gnome.org.
My problem is that when I try to test gnome-speech using the speech-test
program, no speech servers are displayed. I don't understand because
when I run the ./configure before compiling gnome-speech Festival and
DECtalk were detected. In my /usr/local/bin directory I have the
test-speech program but also the dectalk-synthesis-driver and
festival-synthesis-driver executables. the gnome 2.4 executables are in
/usr/bin as gnome 2.4 has been installed using the Debian gnome 2.4
packages.
What am I missing ? what's wrong ? all ideas will be appreciated !

Thx,

--
Nath