Re: Problem to get gnome-speech working

Hi
Did you configure it with
--prefix=/usr
These packages must be installed into the prefix of your operating system's gnome installation. This is why you're not seeing any servers, here's a good set of options to pass to configure:
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
Yep, you need the sysconfig dir set to /etc, since that's where all gnome's config files are kept--at least I needed to do this on slackware and redhat with gnopernicus, or the gconf schema wasn't installed properly.
HTH
P.S. I know it's a bit odd putting manually compiled software into the /usr directory, but that's what needs to be done for gnome software, or at the very least, for gnome-speech.