Re: problem configuring X on redhat 9

Hi Thomas,

I sort of figured the Xconfigurator tool was gone with RH8 and 9. I just can't understand why. It just seems to me that it was much friendlier than the replacement (for lack of better terminology). Now, whenever I try out a card that isn't natively supported, redhat-config-xfree86 just sort of barfs out some cryptic message and leaves me to my own devices. At least before I felt somewhat empowered by having access to the Xconfigurator tool. Guess I'm just whining, though. The end result for either scenario was usually a system with no gui.

For what it's worth to anyone reading this thread--Nvidia seems to be the way to go. They haven't let me down in a quite awhile.

Peace out!