Re: For First-Time Users of X-Server

Hi.  While trying to get X working on my systems, I read several docs
and howtos.  I don't remember where I read it, but here is what I think
is the reason.

When the system first boots, a getty process is started for every
text console.  Because the getty process already owns the console, the x
server can't use it.  As a general rule, the x server will be on the
next available console.  Also, the fact the x server has control of that
console means problems with keyboard and display in that console are
problems with the x setup, not problems with the text console's setup.

          Kenny