Re: For First-Time Users of X-Server

John, I really think that was good information for the most part.  I had
already figured out a lot of it from talking to sighted people, but it is
very valuable information.  I don't know if it applies to any OS other
than Linux, but for Linux, it is mostly correct.  The one thing I'd like
to add is that logging out on the console where you start X will kill
some, but not all hung processes.  It kills any process that is attached
to the TTY.  Any process which has detached, like the synthesizer drivers,
will have to be killed manually.  For me, the Bonobo-activation process
and synthesizer drivers are the main problem.  Also, a process called
audsp hangs sometimes.  I don't know why it happens for some and not for
others.  Another way to bail out of X in emergencies is to hit control-C
on the console you started it from.  Anyway, thanks for the info.