Re: Adding ATs to the menus

ons 2003-05-21 klockan 13.50 skrev Calum Benson:
> With regard to the second alternative, I remember there was some unease
> when we added the Accessibility preferences sub-menu, partly because it
> only had one item it at the time, and partly because it appeared right
> at the top of the list-- as would the Accessibility applications
> sub-menu.  I think Bill's said in the past he'd be happy to call these
> menus "Universal Access" or something instead, though, so that's always
> something we can consider if that turned out to be the only
> objection[2].

That specific problem is probably pretty much limited to English and a
few other languages only. I know for sure many other languages that are
not affected by that problem. ;)

Hence, I don't think altering the English terminology used for this
objection alone (the alphabetical ordering) would be a good idea, as it
might cause problem for many other languages in the localization
process. I also think "accessibility" is a very wellknown term these
days, and would probably be so even more for the target group of users,
so it would probably be bad to lose that recognition effect.

Christian