Never mind I guess

Well, I got all worked up over nothing.  I must have screwed up a setting
somewhere.  I deleted all the Gnome-related files in my home directory,
reset the access key and got back to where I was before.  I immediately
logged out of Gnome and checked the box to save settings.  Then, I got the
following errors just as the command line returned. ** ERROR **:
Accessibility app error: exception during registry activation from id:
IDL:Bonobo/GeneralError:1.0

aborting...

(gnome_segv:530): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

So, I guess I'm back to where I was before.

I want to apologize for bugging the list so much, but despite all the
difficulties I am having, I am really excited to have gotten as far as
being able to read a few menu items from Gnome and realize the potential
that this application has to put blind people on an equal playing field in
Linux/Unix operating systems.