Re: mozilla speech fails.

Hi Thomas,

> I've successfully compiled gnopernicus, currently using festival for a
> synth, and I am able to navigate the gnome desktop, gnome main menu, and
> use some apps like gedit and the gnome cd player with almost no problems.
> However, when I go to the main menu, goto the internet menu, and select
> mozilla or mozilla-mail speech stops. I can hit keys, and nothing
> happens. Gnopernicus completely stops talking.
> It also does this in the gnucash financial software and in ggnumeric
> which I was truly hoping to look at. Any ideas why this happens, and is
> there a solution?

For Mozilla, you need to use the right version (one that implements
Accessibility API support, and isn't shipping yet).

See ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/accessibility/ (and specifically
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/accessibility/redhat7.3/2003-03-14/ ) for
the latest builds of (the not yet shipping) accessible Mozilla.

I'm sorry to say that the shipping versions of gnucash and gnumeric likewise
don't support the accessibility API.  I don't know what their timelines are
for moving to GTK+ 2 and accessibility support.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team