Re: startx warnings

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:30:43AM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Hi Christopher:
>
> The message you are getting is _probably_ due to a stale lockfile.
> Possible candidates are
>
> ~/.gconfd/lock
> ~/.gconf/%gconf-xml-backend.lock
>
> Try removing those files manually and starting over.  In this case the
> best way of silencing the message may be avoiding the error :-)

I didn'at have any stale lock files mentioned above.  When I reran I got
the following:

Could not resolve the address xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory in the
configuration file /home/gnome/garnome//etc/gconf/2/path
failed.  Could not make directory /gconf.xml.mandatory permission denied.

Perhaps I need to change file permissions somewhere.
Thanks
Chris