RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

> From: Calum Benson [mailto:calum benson sun com]
> On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 16:03, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > Ahr, I just found this too. Interesting that the HIG team chose
> > Apply/Cancel/OK instead of Apply/Revert/Close. I will bring
> this up on
> > usability list at some stage, to see why it was done like that.
>
> It was done like this to give instant and explicit apply
> dialogs as big
> a visual difference as reasonably possible.  This way, "Close" always
> means instant apply, and "OK" always means explicit apply.

So, there's still some disagreement about the perfect button combination for
non-instant-apply dialogs. But until, or if, that conversation resolves
itself, let's all remember that consistency itself is good, so I hope we all
use the HIG recommendation until the HIG recommendation changes. You'd all
do that anyway, but I'd just thought I'd say it in case anyone was tempted.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com