RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 09:27, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> Maybe I misunderstand, but I can't believe it would be OK for every GNOME
> module to have a non-standard UI as long as they each had a "be normal"
> preference. Persumably there is a good reason that gok does not use the GTK+
> theme by default?

Murray's certainly correct insofar as we (accessibility folks) generally
jump up and down and yell when other apps do this (i.e. use their own
visuals, then add a "use themes properly" button).  However in the case
of GOK
* there is no known way to meet the program needs using standard colors;
* GOK's own needs are very un-generic and attempts to create standard
mechanisms for supporting them would probably not be generally useful.

it could be argued that the first point is true for other GNOME apps as
well, but it's a matter of degree.  I do think it's worth trying to
continue to tweak GOK to "adapt" its coloring scheme from the current
theme, but we haven't had time to do this yet.

- Bill