Compiling gnome-mag, gnome-speech and gnopernicus

Hello,
I just finished installing gnome 2.2 via garnome-0.23.1.

Once the garnome process was complete, I retrieved gnome-mag, gnome-speech and gnopernicus from cvs.
When I run autogen.sh on any of the three packages I get
the following messages, and no Makefile is generated.

--------------
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found.
checking for automake >= 1.4...
  testing automake-1.4... found.
checking for libtool >= 1.4.3...
  testing libtoolize... found.
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found.
checking for intltool >= 0.25...
  testing intltoolize... found.
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found.
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
  gnome-cxx-check.m4 found (should be cleared from macros dir)
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build gnome-mag
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_PATH?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Don Raikes