Assorted gnopernicus questions

In an effort to familiarize myself with gnome/gnopernicus, I've now
made it a part of my gnome environment permanently. I run
emacs/emacspeak from within gnome, though now I'm running gnopernicus
as a parent process and trying to use gnome apps wherever I can. Today
I've started using the gnome cd player, and am having good luck with
it. I do have some questions, however.

I think I've figured out how to use layer 0 to navigate to where I
need to be. I'm not entirely sure what to do once I've gotten there,
however. I'm assuming that layer 0 simply lets me navigate the screen;
it doesn't move the mouse. When I navigate into a specific menu item
or application, how do I switch the focus to this app, so that normal
keyboard commands work? For example, once I've navigated into the CD
player, what should I do to use the arrow keys, enter, etc. to
navigate to and select various controls? While I can alt-tab into the
player, I can't do this into the panel menu, so I'm trying to figure
out how to click on those items.

Also, as a completely random question, is there any reason that
gnopernicus wouldn't work on OS X? I realize that it won't handle
Quartz applications, but if I want to run a rootless X server from
within OS X, would the fact that there isn't a root window affect
gnopernicus in any way? Looks as if Fink provides ATK/Gail packages.

Thanks.