Gnopernicus not speaking from user account

Hi.

I am having a problem with Gnopernicus.  I just built it yesterday, and
it works great under the root account.  However, when I startx from my
normal user account and launch gnopernicus, it doesn't speak at all.  It
doesn't even say "Welcome to Gnopernicus."  I am running RH9 and using
the Festival driver for speech.  My
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility is set to true on both my root
account and my normal user account.  What can I do to fix this?

					Thanks,
					Lorenzo
--
Personally, I think my choice in the mostest-superlative-computer wars has to
be the HP-48 series of calculators.  They'll run almost anything.  And if they