Re: Trying to get Gnopernicus to work but it won't.

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 18:10, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Cheryl,
> I don't have to log out and then back in to run Gnome several times and
> have it accessible. i'm not sure what Bill meant by that statement.

If you set the gconf key while GNOME is running, you have to log out and
back in, in order for parts of GNOME that are already running (like
nautilus and gnome-panel) to be accessible.

Setting the gconf key in a startup script works, since GNOME proper
isn't running yet.

- Bill