Re: Compile errors (was Re: Accessibility of Gnome panel / How to end session via keyboard)

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 05:08, John Zitterkopf wrote:
> I'm attempting to incorporate Padraig's hack; but being a newbie at
> compiling gnome sources... I'm having some trouble.
>
> I'm getting problems when I try to do a
> % make
> after doing
> % ./configure
>
> Maybe I don't have the right compiling tools installed?
>
> Here's the compile errors. Note that I: command not found.
>
> Making all in gnome-panel
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/gnome-panel-2.2.0.1/gnome-panel'
> I  -I  ../idl/GNOME_Panel.idl

This is something going wrong on a pretty basic level. It looks like the
command being constructed from the makefile is completely broken (it is
trying to execute 'I' for some reason).

What exact steps did you go through to get here? The information I am
after is things like what source files are you using for gnome-panel
(tarballs? If so, what release number? CVS version?). Do you have the
rest of GNOME compiled from source, or are you using your distribution's
installation? What distribution are you using?

How did you apply Patrick's patch? Did it apply cleanly?

Sorry if all of this sounds like obvious information that you have
already eliminated as problems by yourself. If that is the case, please
feel free to tell me to jump in a lake. But something really basic is
going wrong here, so I would like to see if I can replicate whatever
steps you took to repeat it.

Cheers,
Malcolm