Re: Please, help!!!

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Thomas  Ward wrote:

> 1. Can someone send me the exact export lines I should enter? I've installed
> it in /home/slingshooter/garnome, and no matter what I do gnome-mag,
> gnome-speech, and gnopernicus can't find pkg_config, and the new libaries I
> just installed there.

I use:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gnome-2.0/lib:/usr/local/lib
export PATH=/opt/gnome-2.0/bin:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gnome-2.0/lib/pkgconfig
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gnome-2.0/share/aclocal"

This assumes, of course, that gnome is is /opt/gnome-1.0

> 2. One of the major problems I got when checking out gnome-speech I get
some
> funky error about can't find dectalk folder. Anyone know what that is all
> about?

Yeah, Padraig fixed that this morning.

> 3. Is there anything else I must update beyond the packages in gnome 2.2
> rc1? After all I want to have everything ready to go before attempting the
> build again.

Not if you just want to run Gnopernicus.

> 4. is anyone on the list willing to take me under their wing and work with
> me to get a working copy of gnopernicus? I'm making the switch to using only
> Linux, because I can't stand Microtrash software any more, and develmental
> or not I am willing to switch to it now.

Well, I'm glad you're ready to take the plunge, but I'm not sure I would
rely on Gnopernicus/GNOME yet for day-to-day use.  It's completely up to
you of course, just another blind guy's opinion...

Best Regards,

Marc