GNOME for Solaris Accessibility Guide V2.1

Hi everyone,

The latest version of the GNOME for Solaris Accessibility Guide is now posted on:

  http://www.gnome.org/learn

The guide is available in the following formats:

* Single HTML
* Chunked HTML
* PDF

This guide is mostly generic with only a small percentage of Solaris-specific information. The guide currently includes the following information:

* A brief introduction to accessibility in GNOME
* How to configure the mouse and keyboard to make these devices accessible to more users
* How to navigate the desktop from the keyboard only.
* How to change the appearance of the desktop to enhance the accessibility of the desktop for users with visual impairments.

I've assessed the amount of work required to rework the existing material so that it supports Solaris and Linux. I will do this work and reissue a multi-platform guide next week.

Over the next few months, I will continue to develop this guide to include chapters on the assistive technologies such as the GNOME Onscreen Keyboard and Gnopernicus.

Regards,
-Irene