Re: 'make' compilation error with gnopernicus

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:34:54PM +0000, Tatus Maximus wrote:
[...]
> I'm trying to build gnopernicus on a redhat 8.1 Beta box with gnome2.2.  I
> have gotten to the point where I am running 'make' in the gnopernicus
> directory, and am getting a couple of errors that I don't quite understand.
> Following are the errors.
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [tester] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/gnopernicus_install_files/gnopernicus/braille/test'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/gnopernicus_install_files/gnopernicus/braille'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/gnopernicus_install_files/gnopernicus'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> Anybody have any ideas?  Any input will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

The cut-and-pasted fragment is not quite long enough. You have started
just after the bit of information we need to help, I suspect. :)

Can you post a few more lines earlier than the above. The previous
half-dozen lines, say, should be relevant, since that will give the
exact error message and the file it was trying to link at the time.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.