Re: install of at-spi gnome2.2

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 08:57:35AM -0800, Carl Tuck Hartshorn wrote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 20:06, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:49:25PM -0800, Carl Tuck Hartshorn wrote:
> > > I'm having trouble installing this package--so far the only one.
> > > ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --enable-platform-gnome-2
> > >
> > > gets a couple of 'gettext' errors. As I see no PO subdir, I'm assuming
> > > that this is normal.
> >
> > Hmm. I just looked at the CVS version and it does not package and
> > distribute the po directory (I assume you are trying to build from a
> > tarball) and yet configure refers to the internationalization stuff.
> > That's a bit silly.
>
> Yes, it is from a tarball. Perhaps this has never been done before?
> I would think that accessability is also international.

There are no translations for at_spi yet (in fact, it looks like there
are no strings even marked for translation). Somebody has just copied
and pasted a configure.in file and not removed this bit. Don't worry
about it.

> > If it builds despite these errors, you can ignore them. If you are not
> > building from a tarball, then you have a problem because there is a po/
> > directory in CVS.
>
> Yes, it seems to build, but the accumulation of problems like above and the
> dockbook stuff and the 'make check' fails, leads me to wonder if the build is
> correct.

The DocBook problems are problems on your system, not with the build.
That may sound harsh, but it is the case and it's really difficult to
diagnose problems of this sort on somebody else's system via email.
The i18n problem is a build problem, but harmless. The 'make check'
problem is discussed elsewhere in this thread (mostly with much head
scratching). So, only 'make check' is a potential real problem here.

> Thanks for your reply, Malcolm.

You are most welcome.

Cheers,
Malcolm
--
I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?