Re: [Bayonne-desktop] Re: GNOME "Telephony Application Programming Services" Proposed

Hi David,

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 21:55, David Sugar wrote:
> In GNU Bayonne, all we assume the tts system can do is be given text to
> sythensize along with properties (pitch, voice, etc), and an output filename
> for the tts system to create synthesized audio into.

	Currently gnome-speech outputs only directly to the sound card, but
that can/could be made to be a stream I suppose for some backends.

	Another point is that by using an out of process shared sound server +
CORBA IPC, linking licensing issues are completely avoided, making the
sound implementation licensing freedom more of a pragmatic long term
choice, tackle-able by someone particularly interested in that piece.

	Regards,

		Michael.