Re: [Bayonne-desktop] Re: GNOME "Telephony Application Programming Services" Proposed
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: David Sugar <dyfet ostel com>
- Cc: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- Subject: Re: [Bayonne-desktop] Re: GNOME "Telephony Application Programming Services" Proposed
- Date: 06 Feb 2003 11:29:12 +0000
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 21:55, David Sugar wrote:
> In GNU Bayonne, all we assume the tts system can do is be given text to
> sythensize along with properties (pitch, voice, etc), and an output filename
> for the tts system to create synthesized audio into.
Currently gnome-speech outputs only directly to the sound card, but
that can/could be made to be a stream I suppose for some backends.
Another point is that by using an out of process shared sound server +
CORBA IPC, linking licensing issues are completely avoided, making the
sound implementation licensing freedom more of a pragmatic long term
choice, tackle-able by someone particularly interested in that piece.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev