Gnopernicus stops after a few minutes.

Hello Everyone,

I am experimenting with Gnopernicus 0.7.1 on a system running fedora, and am noticing that after a few minutes of use, usually anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes, I am losing speech.  When this happens, the only way I have found to restore functionality is to reboot.  I haven't been able to come up with any reproducible factors other than that. it has happened to me while scrolling through the start menu, working in Balsa or even just when tabbing through the controls of the Gnopernicus main window.
The problem has occurred  with Festival as well as with Dectalk.  The sound card I am currently using is a SoundBlaster live with the standard drivers as shipped with Fedora, but I also experienced the problem while using  my mainboard's integrated via chipset ac97 with oss drivers.

I am working to enable Braille support as well, and once I do, it will be interesting to see if I am just losing speech and still have Braille output, or whether the program is crashing altogether.

I am a relative newbie to Linux, so if there is more pertinent troubleshooting info that I might provide, please let me know what it is and how to obtain it and I would be happy to do so.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

--Al