gnopernicus question

Hey all,

I hope this is a good list to post gnopernicus questions to.   If not please forgive me for the error (and redirect me to the proper list if you can).  I have recently installed the redhat beta 'severn' OS to a test system and have gnopernicus installed.  However, I am unable to figure out how to make it actually read the desktop.  When I run 'gnopernicus' from a terminal, I get the gui menu and can configure the voices and am able to hear the sample sounds, but I cannot get it to start at the login screen when I reboot or read applications like evolution or open office.

I am trying to configure this system for a friend who is recently blind.  He currently uses JAWS from Freedom Scientific (formerly Henter-Joyce) on a WindowsME box.  But we are experimenting with some of the free alternatives.  If we can get this to work, we would like to present this alternative to the local school for the blind.

So I guess my question is in two parts:

1.  Can anyone tell me how to get gnopernicus up and running at the login screen so a blind user can type in the login:password to gain access to the desktop?

2.   Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get gnopernicus to read the desktop like JAWS does?  Actually, we would be happy with just being able to hear it read mozilla, mozilla -mail, and/or evolution at this point.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

"You have dishonored our national fish! Die Infidel! Die!"