Re: new ORBit2 working

You may also want to update gnome-speech, as the latest gnopernicus requires the latest gnome-speech.

Marc

At 02:08 AM 8/4/2003 +0200, Nath wrote:
same for me; thanks a lot Michael for your help and fixes !!! Now the
thread problem is fixed and my DECtalk software works properly with
test-speech.

But unfortunatly I have another problem : I checked out the latest
gnopernicus on cvs and built it but when I start it it speaks "Welcome
to gnopernicus" with DECtalk very fast and after that stopped working. I
can hear a beep on the speakers and see the following on the text
console from which I run the startx script :

gnopernicus-WARNING: srcore exited;

Perhaps the default speech rate is too fast and that causes gnopernicus to fail ? Is it possible to modify the default speech rate without using the gnopernicus GUI menus ?

Others ideas ?

Thanx in advance !
Jacob Schmude <jschmude adelphia net> writes:

> Hi all
> Just wanted to say that the new orbit2, which I've just checked out from
> CVS, is working here. It did solve the threads problem. It also solved
> another problem--the one concerning my dectalk software. I don't know how
> or why, but after I built and installed the new orbit2, gnome-speech was
> suddenly able to communicate with my dectalk rt. Not that I have a problem
> with that, but could someone please explain why? I'm rather curious about
> this one.

Nath