Re: some gnopernicus user questions

Hi Kenny,

On Monday 21 April 2003 14:21, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.  Gnopernicus seems to be working prety well with the festival
> synthesizer and my Debian gnome 2.2 setup.
I'm glad to hear this.

> I have a few questions about Gnopernicus keys and there usage.
> Layer zero keypad dash switches between three modes: application,
> desktop, and window.  What are these modes used for?
They represent the SCOPE of flat-review aka Spacial Review (for the moment
only window is supported) and Logical Review (navigating from parent to child
or between children). Logical review sees objects of a
window/application/desktop like a tree in which you can navigate. If the
scope is WINDOW than the higher parent that you can reach is the window, if
it is APPLICATION than the application object can have "n" (eg. 2 ) windows
as children, each child being parent for other children (these might be
buttons, labels etc). If the scope is DESKTOP than you will navigate through
its children (usually applications and each application's children : windows
etc).

Please see "Navigation mechanisms" on

http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus.html#_Toc15444299

If possible, please
> give an example of when you would use each of the modes.

> I notice I have to use flat review mode to read text in places like the
> Gnome help.  Is this the only way to read text?
No. If focus/caret is on a line of text than the speech and braille will
output that line. If the text is not focusable (labels for instance, which
are NOT in relation with other objects) the best way is to use screen-review.

> Finally (for now) which browser should I use to browze the web?  I have
> a CVS version of Mozilla as well as a CVS version of Galeon.  Galeon
> says it uses Gnome controls for its interface, so it would appear that
> it would be Galeon, but I'd like to know for sure.

Use Mozilla, which you can take from:
http://ftp24moz.newaol.com/pub/mozilla/accessibility/

> Thanks in advance.
>           Kenny