asertion error in srcore

Hi.  I am running Debian unstable with a mostly Debian version of Gnome
2.2.  So far, I have compiled the followingt packages from CVS:

atk
at-spi
gail
gnome-speech
gnopernicus
gtk-doc
libgail-gnome

I start my x session from a console with xinit.  My .xinitrc script
loads festival, gnopernicus, and then exec's gnome-session.  I am
getting the following errors on the text console where I start my X
session.

(srcore:2370): gnopernicus-CRITICAL **: file SRObject.c: line 3962
(sro_get_shortcut): assertion `sro_is_action (obj, index)' failed

Is this a problem with gnopernicus or a problem with one of my libs?

Thanks in advance.
          Kenny