Re: no speech out of gnopernicus except welcome

Hi John:

By default gnome-speech should generate all possible drivers when built
(since the build machine isn't necessarily the target machine).  This is
important for distributions and packagers, since the "common case" in
the future won't be that individual users are building gnome-speech.

But the goal is that at install time, only the "*.server" XML files for
"actually available" speech servers should be installed.  There was
supposed to be a configure-time option for this but running "configure
--help" doesn't list it, so perhaps that's not done yet.

If you know the destination for your ".server" files this is easy to
fix; the destination is usually <prefix>/lib/bonobo/servers.  You can
delete or rename the GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_* files for any TTS
engines which aren't available on your system.

regards,

Bill