Re: GTK2 version of Dasher

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:23:12AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	I would use gnome-speech/test as a framework personally ;-) I believe
> there is (perhaps) some confusion over output selection (ie. how to know
> to use the Festival server instead of the FooServer) ;-) really we need
> a tiny fragment of GConf / other goodness to make that work nicely for
> people AFAIR.

For now I'm just using the first server that I get, which works fine for
me because Festival is the only backend I have installed :) Presumably
no guarantees are made about ordering?

My only real concern now is what format the string passed to
GNOME_Speech_Speaker_say should be - is this UTF8, local or backend
dependent?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org