Re: Gnome problems trying to run Red Carpet

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 10:29, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Richard,

> 	Notably; if you set the gconf key for accessibility you don't need to
> export the environment variable for Gnome to be accessible; and you'll
> have fewer component related problems too.

However note that "pure gtk+" programs (i.e. those that do not use
'libgnome' and gnome_program_init modules for initialization, but link
only to GTK+ libraries) still use the GTK_MODULES environment variable
rather than the gconf key, for compatibility reasons which are probably
apparent.

In practice the only case where you are likely to need this in the short
term is when using the "gtk-demo" program as a means of exploring the
accessibility support from stock gtk+ widgets; the applications and
utilities provided with the core gnome-2.0 desktop should be calling
gnome_program_init.

regards,

Bill