modifying go_gnome script in gnopernicus for gnome2 installed from debian sid

I upgraded my debian system from testing to unstable and used apt-get -t
experimental install with the information from www.gnome.org re: debian to
install gnome2, though the 2 gets removed from the name.
It isn't obvious to me how to modify the gnopernicus script, as it uses /opt and
I can see places is /var/lib, /etc and /usr/share where there are gnome files.
Has anybody successfully modified the go_gnome script for this installation; if
so, could you either share it or tell me how to do it.
Thanks.

Cheryl