Re: runtime errors

Hi Thomas/Charles,

I too am trying to test Gnopernicus but haven't been successful so far. When I
run
Gnopernicus, the magnifier gets invoked but not speech and I get the 'Speech
initialization
failed' message.

1. I have done the following :
   - Have installed festival.
   - Set GTK_MODULES=libgail:libatk-bridge
   - Ran gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
   - Ran bonobo-activation-run-query
     "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Speech/SynthesisDriver:1.0')"
     which gave the following output :
     number of results: 2
     OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.1
     OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Viavoice:proto0.1

2. When I run festival --tts <filename> I get some output.

3. But when I run test-speech I get the following error message:
    Found 2 servers.
    Activating OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Viavoice:proto0.1.
    Activation failed...
    Activating OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.1.
    Activation failed...

4. Running gnopernicus gives the following message:
   GTK Accessibility Module initialized
   About to register application
   Application registered & listening
   Bonobo accessibility support initialized
   Atk Accessibilty bridge initialized
   **********************
   * SCREEN READER CORE *
   **********************
   GTK Accessibility Module initialized
   About to register application
   Application registered & listening
   Bonobo accessibility support initialized
   Atk Accessibilty bridge initialize
   ** Speech initialization failed.

   ** Magnifier initialization succeded.
   Use layer 7 of the keypad for magnification commands.

   | KEYS PRESSED FROM KEYPAD |             ACTION                 |
   +--------------------------+------------------------------------+
   | -press "0"followed by "7"| change to layer 7 (magnifier layer)|
   | -press "8"               | increase y zoom factor (vertical)  |
   | -press "2"               | decrease y zoom factor (vertical)  |
   | -press "6"               | increase x zoom factor (horizontal)|
   | -press "4"               | decrease x zoom factor (horizontal)|
   | -press "5"               | toggle between cursors             |
   | -press "Del"             | invert on/off                      |
   !!!Currently working with 1024x768 resolution or bigger.

Is there anything that I'm missing here?? I would appreciate any help in this
regard.

Regards
Muktha