Re: Festival server

No, trying the test-speech tool is a good idea and probably the kind of advice I
need.
though I missed some things, I did basically follow Nath's howto and I think
that's why I thought you would already understand that I was putting festival in
my xinitrc. I couldn't expect it to come up if I don't even have it loading
anywhere.
Looks like we both made assumptions; I assumed you would know i had tried to
follow the basics of the howto, and you assumed I hadn't done any modifications
to include festival.
well, there goes the old saying about assumptions. Next time i ask a question
I'll try to be more careful not to assume anything.

Cheryl