Re: BRLTTY integration with Gnopernicus [was Re: Festival server]

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 21:54, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Peter and Dave,
> I'll be happy to help in the integration of Brltty and Gnopernicus. The
> question that is uppermost in my mind right now is whether Gnopernicus can
> accept input from a braille display, for example, from the cursor-routing
> buttons or from a keyboard emulator.
> Are the Baum people on this list or on the gnome-accessibility-devel list.

I believe a number of BAUM folks are on the latter.
The traffic comes in cycles, it has been very busy in the past.

Be warned however that BAUM are preoccupied with feature/schedule issues
at the moment so they may take a little while to reply in some cases.

My impression is that the gnopernicus braille display support does allow
input of various kinds; I know that position sensors are already
working, I am not sure about the cursor routing buttons.  Anyhow the API
is clearly capable of supporting some degree of bidirectionality.

> I'm on both, but i don't see much activity on the latter.

Thanks and best regards,

-Bill